Most Portable PA systems are fitted with maintenance-free, sealed batteries.
Although the charge holding capacity will reduce over time (as with all rechargeable batteries) following the guidelines below will ensure the best longevity and performance.
1. Before first use, connect the unit to the mains to completely charge the battery. The light will turn green or off when it is fully charged - see product manual for details.
2. Avoid total discharge of the battery. Do not put the unit away while it is still switched on. If the unit becomes fully discharged it may not be possible to recharge it and the unit will make a clicking noise when you try to turn it on.
3. Do not overcharge the battery. When the light indicates that the battery is fully charged and should be unplugged from the mains.
4. Charging can take up to 12 hours. The battery will charge more quickly if it is switched off during charging.
5. Using mains power and quick 'top up' charges do not harm the battery.
6. Charge the unit at least once a month, even if it has not been used.
7. Always turn the unit off, and disconnect from the mains when it is not in use or being charged.
Don't worry if the rechargeable battery in your portable PA system is not working, spares are often available and (depending on model) cost around £25. Email us on email@example.com with your make/model and we may be able to supply a replacement.